My Crazy Life

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mastering My Seared Tuna Recipe

  My husband and I loved the seared tuna with the spinach salad I made so much I already had to make it again!  But I had to change it some how, I just could resist trying a new spin on a already fabulous recipe.  So looking through my fridge I had a jar of red curry paste left over from another recipe and thought maybe this could add a special new flavor. 
  I marinated the tuna steaks in soy sauce, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper.      

While I let that sit, I simmered together olive oil, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, sesame seeds & the red curry paste on low for about 20min.  This was so pretty, the red curry paste really added allot of color. 

Then I turned the heat up to med, (so it would be hot enough to give the tuna steaks a quick crisp sear) placed my tuna steaks into my simmering concoction and cooked each side just long enough to give each side a grey coloring meeting in the middle on the sides (the middle should stay raw but warmed, it should still be as red as before cooking).

 I served it again on a bed of fresh spinach tossed in pomegranate & blood orange vinaigrette.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment