My Crazy Life

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another New Begining

The life of being a Marine family is always a adventure.  We have just begun a new journey in Vermont.  Moving from 29Palms, CA has been a real culture shock but we are adjusting well.  I like to think of it as a adventure cause if it isn't the best place I remind myself to make the best of it cause we will be leaving before I know it.  We moved her in August so we got to enjoy the amazing fall New England has to offer (if anyone plans on visiting I would come that time of year).  The adjustment from living on base and living the life of a grunts wife to living among the civilians, with no local base to be a part of has been strange.  There is other Marines along with other branches of military going through the MECEP program at Roger's college (Norwich), so that does mean other wives but its just different.  I'm finding it hard to find my "Alyssa" , lol.  I understand the adjustment to a new place, it takes time to get everything in order from finances to friends.  Even with all the struggles of a adjustment period, I'm excited!  Like I said this is our next adventure and I am looking forward to making the best of it no matter what.  I am so thankful for this life style, the good out weighs the bad.  How many people get to travel, experiencing a new place every few years and share that experience with their children, it's amazing, not to mention sharing it all with my best friend/husband, the reason for my everlasting support through this adventure we call life.

1 comment:

  1. First off love how you cut me out of the picture! But kudos on the writing I'm impressed with my big sis!

    ReplyDelete